While many people know what Invisalign is, there are several misconceptions about this popular clear aligner treatment. Read on for our latest blog breaking down five facts you may not know about this orthodontic technology!
- People of all ages love Invisalign. Invisalign is loved by millions across the world, and it’s no wonder why! Whether you are someone who has always wanted a more confident smile, a teenager who prefers a discreet treatment, or an on-the-go adult who doesn’t want to make the small lifestyle changes that come with braces, Invisalign could be right for you. And, like other orthodontic treatments, you are never too old to get started!
- An Invisalign transformation is efficient. Invisalign uses nearly invisible aligners to gradually transform your smile tray by tray. Because of this advanced technology, the entire process is streamlined, so there is no need to fret about a long process! While some patients may finish their treatment in several months, others may need more time depending on their unique smile needs.
- You can keep eating all of your favorite foods. Invisalign does not stop you from living your life. When it comes time to eat, simply remove your aligners and get to eating! After, thoroughly brush and floss before putting your aligners back on. Unlike with braces, that special candy and crunchy snack you love are all smile-friendly options during your Invisalign treatment. Just make sure you wear those aligners for 20 or more hours a day and keep your smile clean to stay on track!
- Your Invisalign treatment is highly advanced. In the world of aligner technology, Invisalign trays are the best in class—with the capability of transforming teeth, bites, and health! By scanning your smile with our 3D imaging tools, we create the perfect, customized treatment plan for your needs. In some cases, this may require attachments, which are tooth-colored buttons fixed to your teeth. These can help aligners complete complex tooth movements for optimal results and your healthiest smile.
- Invisalign may not be suitable for everyone. If Invisalign isn’t right for your treatment goals, our orthodontists have many other options! At our office, we offer a number of advanced treatments—all of which are more discreet, comfortable, and effective than braces of the past. Even if you are not eligible for Invisalign, we will work with you to achieve the results you have been dreaming of. Whether we use self-ligating Damon Braces (which come in clear!) or aligners, we can deliver a smile you’ll love and an excellent experience you deserve.
At Hutta & Hutta Orthodontics, we offer the orthodontic care you need for a confident, lifelong smile. If you are interested in learning more or booking a consultation, contact us at 614-423-8177. We’d love to see you in the office!